What is a Coupling Capacitor?
The Coupling Capacitor is a basic capacitor that generally allows high-frequency AC signal and blocks the low-frequency DC signal. We know that the capacitor is stores electrical charge, whenever the capacitor connected in series with the load is called a Coupling Capacitor. These capacitors are used to get the output of high-frequency signals like AC in Audio Circuits.
Coupling Capacitor Circuit
A capacitor usually connects the AC signal of one electrical circuit to other circuits is called a Coupling Capacitor. The main purpose of the capacitor is to block the DC signal and allow the AC signal.
Coupling Capacitor Working
Applications of Coupling Capacitor
- The coupling capacitor is a device that increases the reactance of a circuit, usually at a resonant frequency.
- Capacitors are used in almost every electronic device. They’re used as filters to reduce unwanted noise and interference,
- The electronic components store and transfer data, and as the power supply for many devices.
- The most common capacitor is the capacitor used in your telephone, which filters out background noise so the caller on the other end can hear you better.
- But capacitors are also used in other electronics to improve performance.
- The capacitor is often used to increase the Q-factor of a filter
- Coupling capacitors are also used to increase the bandwidth of a system.